Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My First Wool Project!

Hello everyone and welcome to my newest adventure! I have been wanting to start a blog where I can share my sewing creations. I also want to share progress on my sewing creations. 


This past January I took a beginning wool appliqué class with my friend Becky. I was instantly hooked!! We both were!! Actually, Becky really took off and she is really going strong - lol! But I love it, too! Anyway, the class was three sessions (one class per month) and we finally finished up in March. Since then, I have taken on more projects and have started a quilt! These are things that I will share as time goes on. Anyway, this particular mat is the Daisy Table Mat. This was my very first project and the only one that I have that is completely finished. It is really hard to see the stitches but that's o.k. - lol!! I didn't do too bad but I did learn a lot!! I bought this as a kit and it came with all the wool needed for this project and the backing. I just had to find thread to match. I used a combination of DMC Pearle Cotton and Valdani. This is a Primitive Gatherings kit. 


I am hoping to post at least once a week - for sure once every two weeks. It just depends on how far I have come on my projects. I do hope that this blog will help keep me sewing!! I am really excited to be sewing and sharing! Please let me know if you have any questions! Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment