Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fun and 'Finally' Done Quilt

Hello everyone! Wow!!! It has been quite a while since I posted last! I don't know how many of you have been visiting but I sure hope you all haven't given up on me! I have been working on some 'big' projects and they have taken me a little longer than I had planned. Also, I must confess that I have been starting a few other projects and that, too, gets in the way of finishing projects. So, I have a lot of projects that need to be finished - lol! 

Here is my very first, ever, quilt that I made all by myself!! I am so proud of it!! I have to say that it is by far from perfect but I don't care. This quilt is to be used - inside, outside and everywhere! I will be taking it to soccer games and baseball games and I will throw it in the washer and then cuddle with it...

This kind of quilt is a Fun and Done quilt. I bought the pattern at my local quilt store and then ordered the fabric online from Connecting Threads. The pattern called for 32 different fabrics but I chose just 8 and a backing/sashing fabric for my quilt. This is a twin sized quilt and my son has already enjoyed wrapping up in it!! 
You can find the pattern 'here'. There are many different kinds of Fun and Done quilt patterns and I have picked up a few that I am eager to try out! This pattern is the Crisscross pattern. The fabric from Connecting Threads is the Urban Odyssey line. I didn't purchase all the fabric in the line. But you can see it all 'here'. 

I hope that you enjoyed seeing my first quilt! I have already started prepping fabric for a quilt that my son wants me to make for him! I am trying something new with this one. I also have a large wool project going on (almost finished) and a Christmas quilt wall hanging (block of the month). These are coming together nicely. I also know of about three other projects that I need to finish up - lol! Well, at least I won't get bored! So I will keep plugging along! Thanks for being patient with me! I hope to be back real soon with another finished project!! Thanks for stopping by and have a super day!

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful quilt, Deb. I don't sew anymore, just stamp and some knitting. Good luck on your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt! You are a very busy woman. I am happy to find this blog as sewing and quilting, spinning yarns, and knitting are some of my interests. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job. Love the colors!! Quick question..i am a new quilter mainly just rag quilts at this point. I would love to try this fun and done method. Now i really want to try it as i love the way you used the browns and aqua. It looks fantastic! What color thread did you use for the quilting part? Did you use the same thread throughout? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressive quilt. It is inspiring. But I want to see your other projects. Did you machine quilt this yourself? I am learning FMQ and am very excited about it. I love quilts and arthritis is interfering with hand sewing.

    ReplyDelete